Malden Dental Care is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Malden Dental Care may change this policy if required by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may, but not in every case, collect the following information:
- Contact information including email and postal address
- Medical history and date of birth
- We capture your experiences with us through review portals (google, a kiosk at the surgery, facebook or NHS reviews)
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the best treatment and advice for your individual needs
- Internal record keeping to provide follow up care and refer to your history
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will display reviews you submit on our website.
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party other than:
- as required as a matter of law;
- in the reasonable enforcement of our contractual rights;
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This includes:
- An SSL certificate on our website to encrypt the data being submitted
- Ensuring data captured is submitted to dedicated staff members only
- Ensuring data captured is stored in password protected areas
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you provide consent to us storing and using the data. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Act (effective May 2018). A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.